We’ve hit the 2 year mark at our house and we are still loving it more and more as we continue to make updates. Below is a quick photo recap of how our home is looking now and what we’ve done since last year’s One Year Update.
The Living Room:
- Painted the built-ins
- Painted the walls
- Installed hardwood floors
- Still need to decide what the heck to do with the room. Should we add a table? Maybe just a big comfortable sectional? Time will tell!
The Entryway/Dining Room:
- No major changes over the last year
- We refinished hardwoods which really brightened the room 🙂
- Still loving the look of this room, but someday it would be nice to block it off from the living room. Maybe some pretty french doors? Or a sliding barn door?
- Painted this room twice and I STILL don’t love the color. It’s grey (and the paint has no blue tone in it), but still looks a little blue to me.
- Our tile guy did not do the best job with the installation, but I’m living with it… I do love the tile we decided on though. It’s a good neutral that ties in the grays we are slowing adding to the house while still including shades of beige to go with the oak.
Main Floor Bath:
- Painted the walls
- Installed new pendant lights
- Framed the Izzy print, then this is unfortunately where she spends most of her days.
The Master Bedroom:
- Painted the walls navy
- Installed new white curtains
- And currently on the hunt for new carpet and something different above the bed. I’m not loving the little gold mirrors anymore. I’m thinking a super large framed print.
- No major changes
- Added the wire basket to add a little more storage for all my hair products
- Overall, this space is working for us, but someday I’d like to tear down the walled in shower and make it all glass to make the bathroom feel a little bigger.
- Only Change/Addition is the new (used) treadmill, and I LOVE it.
- Painted cabinet
- Painted countertop (Rustoleum is seriously the best!)
- Painted walls
- Added new mirror and light fixture
The Family Room:
- New hardwoods floors
- Added art above the couch
- New rug and bench
- And while I thought I wanted to paint these built-ins to match the living room ones, I am actually starting to like the oak. And it might be too much gray with the gray couch?
- Only change is the new double oven
- I still want to bid out what it would cost to get new countertops, some floating shelves, and backsplash. Here is my inspiration.
And The Exterior:
- Still loving the shutters
- Need to add a new railing to our deck and stain the newly sanded boards
- Looking into new exterior paint colors since we will likely have to get that done in the coming 1-2 years… There’s a few too many paint chips that notice daily…
- Built a garden and eating off our land 🙂
And this backyard picture still cracks me up. We watch too much TV…
Happy 2nd birthday house! Matt and I love you (and wedding wineries in Wisconsin).